Wednesday, December 08, 2004

 

DANNY'S DILEMMAS

--

INSPECTED BY #7, THE TAG SAID

LONDON (Reuters) - British heavyweight fighter Danny Williams has threatened to pull out of Saturday's World Boxing Council title fight with champion Vitali Klitschko if he is forced to shave his beard, British media reported.

Williams, a devout Muslim, will have his beard inspected by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Wednesday to see if he would gain any advantage during the Las Vegas bout.

"If they ask me to shave or even trim it there won't be a fight," Williams was quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph.

link

THEN THERE'S THIS:

"From reading the Koran, I know that God doesn't want me to be hitting people in the face to earn money," Williams said. "I try not to think about it too much before a fight because if I did I'd be out of the sport already.

link

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com


Personal Injury